I will admit that I get lonely but I’d rather be lonely by myself than lonely with someone, I got sick of feeling second best/taken for granted. For the first time in a long time I am putting myself first and amazing things have happened because of this :) :)
Whilst PETA provide some fantastic undercover video footage and have previously put out some useful resources and information, there are also multiple negative attributes associated with PETA.
PETA have come up with some clever and thought provoking advertisements in their time but they have also produced some equally prejudice and oppressive ones. Among those is an extremely cruel fat shaming ad that does not provide any sort of useful information but rather attaches a negative connotation to overweight women.
Another of their controversial shock tactics is to use provocative or unnecessarily sexual footage of women which is often deemed as degrading and disrespectful.
In general, they’re known for their prejudice and judgemental attitude, primarily toward the female community.
Besides their bizarre and uncalled for advertisement tactics, they’re also famous for their open support in euthanising healthy animals. Ingrid Newkirk herself has been quoted as saying that PETA do not advocate the right to life in animals.
In the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 companion animals. Apologists for PETA’s killing have argued that all of the animals they kill are “unadoptable.” This claim is a lie for numerous reasons.
1. Rescue groups and individuals have come forward stating that the animals given to PETA were healthy and adoptable.
2. PETA insiders have admitted as much, one former intern reporting that he quit in disgust after witnessing perfectly healthy puppies and kittens in the kill room.
3. PETA refuses to provide its criteria for making the determination as to whether or not an animal is “unadoptable.”
4. According to a state inspector, the PETA facility where the animals are impounded was designed to house animals for no more than 24 hours.
5. Newkirk herself admitted as much during a 2008 television interview: when asked whether or not PETA kills healthy animals, she responded, “Absolutely.”
6. PETA staff have described the animals they have killed as “healthy,” “adoptable,” “adorable” and “perfect.”
7. And lastly, when asked what sort of effort PETA routinely makes to find adoptive homes for animals in its care, PETA responded that it had “no comment.”
In short, PETA may be full of useful resources and shocking undercover footage but at the heart of it all, they are a despicable money hungry organisation that couldn’t care less about animals.
As for the RSPCA, check out this website to read about just some of the issues the RSPCA have. In short- almost none of their money goes towards animals, they hardly ever take issues seriously, they very rarely try and help animals in need and they also euthanise virtually the same amount of healthy animals as PETA.
I have plenty of first hand experiences with the RSPCA doing hideous things. Never ever trust them!
It should also be noted that the RSPCA approve tons of meat, eggs and dairy. They literally verify them ‘RSPCA Approved’.
It is so easy to be disappointed, critical, cynical. Nothing is easier than to be a negative person. It takes effort to be hopeful and positive. People will say that you have to have a reason to be positive - what reason do the poor or lonely have to be positive? If we all waited for perfect conditions in our life before we felt hopeful, we would have very few days in life to celebrate. Perfection is rare. Hope means no matter how bleak, all things can and do change in the blink of an eye.
I’m cool with vegans and all but just don’t shove your opinions down other peoples throats because I like meat and I don’t care if you do or not just saying
Vegans don’t deal in opinions, we deal in facts. Fact is, when you purchase something, demand goes up. When demand goes up, supply goes up. In this case, you’re increasing demand for the slaughter of innocent, sentient beings, who are brutally tortured before their sad lives are cut short.
If you honestly don’t give a fuck about veganism and you really enjoy meat, why are you so bothered? I mean, you think what you’re doing is right, so why feeling so upset about vegans around saying that they don’t eat meat?
advantages to wearing oversized sweaters:
- instant cute outfit with minimal effort
- it enhances the coziness when u drink hot beverages
- sweater paws are guaranteed to make u feel 43% more adorable
- u can unbutton ur jeans and no one will know
disadvantages to wearing oversized sweaters:
Guys think they’re totally not cute lol
the day i dress for a man is the day they dress me in my coffin to see jesus